That is from Peggy Lee but not nearly as fun when played out at the Gilchrist house. He has been running fevers for the last few days spiking of course when clinic hours are over (between 5 and into the wee hours). We are at Huntsman today making sure he is okay. Steve is receiving fluids and possibly antibiotics, just in case. They will culture some samples but that will take at least 24 hours to show results. His blood pressure is dangerously low today also, could be because of the possibility of infection or lack of fluids. More tired and more grumpy and more sick and pale looking. Steve finds sleeping in the day and must and sleeping at night only comes with great difficulty. We'll be back up tomorrow to make sure he's still doing as he should be and heading in the right direction and hoping the fever is only the result of engraftment.
Bonnie
As sick and dizzy (blood pressure related) as Dad was this morning, by the time we left Huntsman and returned home he seemed better then I've seen him since July 31st. I almost felt like I had my Dad back! He enjoyed lunch with us, visited with Mom and I. And was able to tackle his work load this afternoon. His fever was still elevated but within what is tolerable when I left around 4 p.m. this afternoon. Brad has been sleeping over to aid Mom if needed during the night and he's been a great help as Mom's lil'errand boy.
Leigh Ann
No comments:
Post a Comment