Friday, November 13, 2009

Home at Last!


Today is day 14 post transplant and he's finally home.  It was decided if he passed the C-T scan, he could go home.  It took 5 hours to get a scan and another 2 to get wod that it was alright.  He had just gotten word when I got there about 4 pm.  He sat on the bed with his coat and bags packed.  So, he has probably had 9 days of engraftment syndrome.  He looks at it as 9 days of wasted time.  I tell him he is really lucky that everything came back negative and he didn't have any of the really yucky things they were eliminating from the quest.  He's glad to be home.  I promised I wouldn't measure the intake and output.  Oh, his temp has been normal for 24 hours.  Yes, I will be on duty checking it every 4 hours.
Thanks for reading, it helps to get it off my mind.  Oh, we thought he'd made it this round without hair loss as it has been growing in up till Thursday.  It guess it actually started falling out when the fever broke.  Hum, that's interesting.
 Bonnie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAH-HOO! Welcome home! At least this round of awfulness if over. Keep up the good work. Bald is beautiful!
Hugs to you both!
Janet & Michele

Matt Guiver said...

Im glad you got to take him home. He looks much happier in his fever outfit.