It's been the low among recovery days. This morning after the Dr. visit, we were hopeful that he could go home tomorrow. That isn't going to happen. He received platelets today, then a few hours later began to chill then came the fever. It got as high as 103.9. I'm afraid I had to be "Nurse Bonnie", when they didn't seem to be checking on him as much as what is needed. Between a blessing from Brad and Ben, more Tyelenol, 2 more antibiotics (IV) his temperature returned to about 99.3 before I left at 9:30 p.m. The rule is you have to have your temp stay normal for 24 hours before discharge. Because he had a "runny" nose for about 3 minutes this morning, the night shift decided he needed to be kept in isolation, with masks, gowns and visitors in masks. The day shift didn't seem to do much unless I reminded them multiple times. So, I guess the night shift will more than make up for that. I sure like Huntsman BMT clinic better than the U of U Bone Marrow transplant floor, which is where the inpatient unit for stem cell transplant is located With all this in mind, let's hope for a better day tomorrow. Today was day 7, engraftment is usually day 10 Monday. Of course with engraftment, also comes an engraftment fever. He had that with the first transplant. He looked at me today and said, "Remind me in a month that it was worth it". I know it will be, but the journey is pretty tough! So, we're looking for some better days! Bonnie |
Friday, November 6, 2009
How Low Can He Go
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment